Some thoughts that I would like to share with you *free of charge,
*Please note that you should probably check your roaming and data allowances before actually believing that these thoughts are free of charge… but I digress. Hey don’t I always? And now back to those pesky thoughts that I seem so intent on sharing,
A brief list of things you should compare:
-Health Insurance (there’s a website for that)
-Home loan rates
-Features when buying a new car
-Rashes (but only with people you really don’t like)
– Birthday cards in news agents
– The size of your boobs with those of other women in their swim suits
– Your kids achievements against those of their peers (you should compare loudly if your kid is better than theirs)
Things you shouldn’t compare:
– Your life with people who have more or less children than you
– Your life with people who work more or less than you
– Your life with people whose partners travel more or less than yours
You get the picture.
Just because you have four kids and I have two and you’re coping and I’m not doesn’t mean anything.
Just because I work 3 days and you work 5 and you’re coping and I’m not doesn’t mean that I’m weak.
And just because your partner travels for 6 months at a time and mine travels for 6 days and you’re coping and I’m not doesn’t mean I’m not doing my best.
So note to me. Stop comparing. If I’m not coping and you are it doesn’t mean anything other than that.
My life is not your life (and vice versa obviously).
We are all doing our best. Well I am anyway. Your best may be better than mine but I’m not judging either of us today.